一成不變 in a rut
(1) rut “車轍”
(2) in a rut字面意思“在車轍裡”,表示“(生活或工作)刻闆乏味,一成不變,千篇一律”
英語解釋為living or working in a situation that never changes, so that you feel bored。
(3) be (stuck) in a rut “刻闆乏味,一成不變,千篇一律”
例
I'm tired of being stuck in a rut. I decide to change my job.
我受夠了一成不變的生活,所以我決定換一份工作。
Mitchell: Is Claire right? Are we in a rut?
克萊爾說的對嗎?我們現在生活得一成不變?
Cameron: Well, we might be, especially compared to these people.
也許吧,特别是和這些人比。《摩登家庭》
循規蹈矩 play by the rules
play by the rules “循規蹈矩,按規矩辦事”
例
I play by the rules. Where's my medal?
可我向來循規蹈矩,怎麼不給我個獎牌?
When I was a kid, I always played by the rules.
當我還是個孩子的時候,就循規蹈矩。
我行我素 loose cannon
(1) cannon “大炮”
(2) loose cannon “我行我素的人,随心所欲的人”,指說話、做事随便因而不能相信的人。
例
She's been a loose cannon ever since she started going to that church service that starts at 10:30.
自從她去了那個十點半開始祈禱儀式的教堂,她就變得我行我素。
I've taken the liberty of scripting your appearance on the witness stand because, let's face it, you're somewhat of a loose cannon.
我冒昧地為你起草了出庭作證的劇本,我們得面對現實,你有點我行我素。
,更多精彩资讯请关注tft每日頭條,我们将持续为您更新最新资讯!