作者:小雅和英美友人
Skating 滑冰
I. Getting Ready to Go
準備出發
Child: Mommy, will you take me skating today?
寶寶:媽媽,你今天能帶我去滑冰嗎?
Mom: Sure! I would love to go skating.
媽媽:當然!我很願意去滑冰。
This is your first time.
這是你第一次滑。
Remember it takes practice to become a good skater.
記住要多練習才能滑得好。
And falling down is okay.
另外,摔倒是沒事的。
Fall、fall down、fall over和fall off的區别,見文章末尾。
II. Gearing Up
全副武裝
Gear up有兩個意思,一是做好準備,二是穿戴好裝備和衣服。
Mom: Let's put your skates on.
媽媽:咱們把冰鞋穿上。
各種冰鞋、旱冰鞋的英文名稱及圖解,見文章末尾。
【技能1 穿冰鞋】
They need to be tight but let me know if they are too tight, okay?
需要系緊一點,但是如果太緊就跟我說,好嗎?
【技能2 戴護具】
Let's put a helmet on to protect your head in case you fall down.
咱們戴上頭盔,你摔倒的時候可以保護你的頭。
We also need to put on the knee pads, elbow pads, and bottom pad.
咱們還要帶上護膝、護肘和護臀。
Ice is very hard, and we don't want you to get hurt.
冰面很硬,我們不希望你受傷。
Now let's put some gloves on to keep your hands warm and dry.
現在帶上手套,手才暖和,也不會濕。
【技能3 上冰前平衡練習】
First, we are going to stand up and practice balancing on our skates.
首先,我們站起來,練習一下穿上冰鞋以後的平衡。
Can you walk in your skates?
你穿着冰鞋能走嗎?
That's good.
很好。
Now let's try it on the ice.
咱們現在冰上試一下。
III. Falling and Getting Back up
摔倒和起來
【技能4 摔倒】
Now we are going to practice falling down and getting back up.
現在練習摔倒和起來。
So if we fall down, it's okay.
所以,如果摔倒是沒有關系的。
That is how we learn.
就是這樣學的。
【技能5 起來】
To get back up, first we get onto our knees, then put one foot up then the second foot, and now push up with your hands.
要想起來,首先膝蓋着地,然後一隻腳起來,再另外一隻腳,現在用手一撐。
像“撐”這種通過“推力”完成的動作,中文有專門的詞,但英文都用push,如:
(Pooping) Push hard.
使勁拉。
Push the button.
按按鈕。
Push the two Lego pieces together.
把兩個樂高塊按在一起。
Excellent!
非常好!
That is good, on your knees, one foot then the next and up.
對了,膝蓋着地,一隻腳,然後另一隻,起。
Well done!
好樣的!
Child: I did it, Mommy!
寶寶:我會了,媽媽!
IV. Learning How to Skate
學習如何滑冰
Child: I want to skate now.
寶寶:我現在想滑了。
Mom: I know, but we need to get our balance on our skates first.
媽媽:我知道,但是我們得先穿着冰刀練練平衡。
【技能6 原地踏步】
Can you march in place?
你能原地踏步嗎?
Just lift one foot up and then the other.
先擡一隻腳,再擡另一隻。
Perfect!
非常好!
【技能7 小步向前】
Now we can try moving forward.
現在試試往前走。
Put your feet together and take little steps.
把腳并在一起,然後邁小步。
That's good.
很好。
【技能8 腳跟略并攏,小步向前】
Now try putting your heels closer together so your feet make a "V" shape and take little steps again.
現在試試腳跟稍微離近一些,成一個八字,然後邁小步。
【技能9 手臂幫助保持平衡】
Put your arms up and out to your sides to help you keep your balance.
擡起手臂,伸向兩側,幫助保持平衡。
I will help you by holding you under your arms.
我幫你一下,托着你的胳膊。
英文裡沒有表達“托”的專門的詞,而是用hold under,即“從下面扶着”表達。
Well done, you are doing a great job!
好樣的,你真棒!
Child: Can I try gliding like that girl, mommy?
寶寶:我能像那個女孩一樣滑嗎,媽媽?
Glide:滑行;滑冰場景不用slide表示“滑”。
Mom: We need to practice keeping our balance first by taking little steps.
媽媽:咱們需要先多練練平衡,先小步滑。
【技能10 蹬冰滑行】
When you can do that really well without me holding you, we can try gliding by pushing our skates to the side and pushing forward.
什麼時候你已經做得特别好了,不用我扶了,咱們再試試,向一側蹬冰,向前滑行。
Child: I love skating.
寶寶:我喜歡滑冰。
V. Calling It a Day
今天就到這兒吧
Mom: You did a great job today.
媽媽:你今天滑得非常好。
Shall we call it a day?
今天就到這兒吧?
Let's go warm up with some hot chocolate.
咱們喝點熱巧克力暖和一下。
Warm up既可以當“熱身”講,也可以當“讓身體暖和起來”講。
We can come back again another day to practice some more.
咱們哪天再過來多練練。
Child: Yeah!
寶寶:耶!
附錄:
★ Fall、fall down、fall over和fall off的區别:
(1) Fall down(後面不加名詞):摔倒,通常是從站立姿勢摔到了地上或者其他原本腳處在的位置,可省略down,如:
I fell (down) on the sidewalk.
我摔倒在人行道上。
(2) Fall down(後面加名詞):從......上摔下去,不能省略down。
I fell down the stairs.
我從樓梯上摔了下去。
(3) Fall over:被絆倒
Because of her long evening dress, she fell over on stage in front of the audience.
因為她的長晚禮服,她在觀衆面前絆倒在台上。
(4) Fall off:從某處摔下來
Five little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and bumped his head.
五個小猴子在床上跳,一個摔下來,磕到了腦袋。
★ 幾種冰鞋的英文:
ice skates 冰刀、冰鞋
不要說成skater,不然就成“滑冰者”了。
常見的冰刀分為:
figure skates 花刀
hockey skates 球刀
speed skates 跑刀
旱冰鞋主要分兩種:
roller skates 雙排旱冰鞋
rollerblades, in-line skates 單排旱冰鞋
【你和寶寶說英語】
,更多精彩资讯请关注tft每日頭條,我们将持续为您更新最新资讯!