<1>
(1) lose track of sth. “失去與……的聯系,不了解……的動态”
(2) lose track of time “忘記時間”,即forget what time it is.
例
We kind of just, you know, lost track of time.
我們有點,你知道的,忘記時間了。
I'm sorry. I lost track of time making my movie.
對不起,我拍電影忘了時間。《摩登家庭》
<2>
(1) sense of time “時間感,時間觀念,時間概念”
(2) lose sense of time “忘記時間,沒有了時間概念”
例
Sorry I'm late. I lost all sense of time when I was shopping.
不好意思來晚了,我購物的時候完全忘記了時間。
When she was working, she lost all sense of time.
她在工作的時候完全沒有了時間概念。
打發時間
<1>
kill time “打發時間,消磨時間”
例
Some people prefer to kill time in the office.
一些人甯願在辦公室消磨時間。
I know what we can do to kill time.
我知道我們要怎麼打發時間了。
<2>
pass the time “打發時間”
例
We played cards to pass the time.
我們打撲克牌打發時間。
I'm just passing the time.
我就是消磨下時間。
争取時間
(1) buy time表示“争取時間,拖延時間”
(2) buy和time之間可以加some、more等。
buy some time “争取一些時間”
buy more time “争取更多時間”
(3) buy sb. time “為某人争取時間”
例
The board will be descending at any moment. I need to buy some time.
董事會的人随時回來,我需要争取一些時間。
We'll buy you time.
我們會給你争取時間。
,更多精彩资讯请关注tft每日頭條,我们将持续为您更新最新资讯!