tft每日頭條

 > 生活

 > idioms in english

idioms in english

生活 更新时间:2025-02-07 14:13:30

1 read someone like a book” = understand someone very well

" read someone like a book " =非常了解某人

“My teacher can read students like a book. He knows which students study, and which students don’t.“

“我的老師能像讀一本書一樣了解學生。 他知道哪些學生學習,哪些學生不學習。 ”

My mom always knows when I'm lying. She can read me like a book.

我媽總是知道我在撒謊。 她對我了如指掌。

You won't be a very successful thief with that nervous demeanor—the cops will read you like a book.

你那種緊張的舉止不會成為一個成功的小偷——警察會把你看得一清二楚的。

I can read you like a book, and I can tell that something's wrong, so please tell me what it is.

我對你了如指掌,我知道有什麼不對勁,所以請告訴我是怎麼回事。

2“go by the book” = follow rules exactly

go by the book =嚴格遵守規則

“If you always go by the book in your work, your company will trust you more.

“如果你在工作中總是循規蹈矩,你的公司會更加信任你。 ”

My boss insists on doing everything by the book.

我的老闆堅持一切照章辦事。

If you're looking for someone to approve an exception, don't go to Ted—he does everything by the book.

如果你想找人批準例外,别去找泰德-他做事都是照章辦事的。

3“no spring chicken” = no longer young

“no spring chicken”=不再年輕

“I don’t think he’ll be able to hike to the summit because he’s no spring chicken.“

這句話的意思是:“我認為他不能徒步到達頂峰了,因為他已經不是小孩子了。 ”

He won't like the description but in the youth-obsessed world of sprinting he's no spring chicken.

他不會喜歡這樣的描述,但在癡迷于年輕人的短跑世界裡,他已經不是年輕人了。

He was always a wild and crazy guy when he was younger, but now he’s no spring chicken.

他年輕的時候一直是個瘋狂的家夥,但現在他已不再年輕了。

4“play it safe” = be careful and not take chances

" play it safe " =小心,不要冒險

“My knee still hurts, so I’m going to play it safe and not go jogging today.“

這個人說:“我的膝蓋還在疼,所以今天我還是不去跑步為保險起見。 ”

To play safe, I'd allow an extra ten minutes, just in case.

為了保險起見,我會多給你十分鐘,以防萬一。

I think I'll play it safe and take the earlier train.

我想穩妥起見,乘早一班火車。

idioms in english(英語習語Idioms系列1-4)1

,

更多精彩资讯请关注tft每日頭條,我们将持续为您更新最新资讯!

查看全部

相关生活资讯推荐

热门生活资讯推荐

网友关注

Copyright 2023-2025 - www.tftnews.com All Rights Reserved