大思英語睡前故事為孩子們提供更多的聽力輸入内容。每一個小故事都是一段精彩的旅程,不但可以幫助孩子們磨出“英語耳朵”,還能陪伴孩子進入甜美的夢鄉。配合大思英語正式課程,每天堅持聽力輸入,學好英語不再難。建議家長每晚在孩子睡覺前,打開當天的睡前故事,和孩子共享這段美好時光。
今天,我們要講的小故事是《很高興見到你》,一起來聽吧!
Very Pleased To Meet You
每天一個英語小故事磨耳朵
家長輔導
Very Pleased To Meet You 很高興見到你
During World War II, a lot of young women in Britain served in the army.
在第二次世界大戰中,在英國有許多年輕的婦女在軍營中服役。
Joan Phillips was one of them.
瓊·飛利普斯是其中之一。
She worked in a big camp, and of course met a lot of men, including officers (軍官) and soldiers (士兵).
她在一個大軍營中工作,當然遇到了許多男士,包括軍官和士兵。
One evening, she met Captain (上尉) Humphreys at a dance.
一天晚上,她在舞會上遇到了漢弗雷斯上尉。
He said to her: “I’m going abroad tomorrow, but I’d be very happy if we could write to each other.”
他對她說:“我明天就要出國了,但如果我們能夠相互寫信,我會很高興的。”
Joan agreed, and they wrote for several months.
瓊同意了,他們通信也有幾個月了。
Then his letters stopped.
後來他再沒有來信。
But she received one letter from another officer, saying that he had been wounded and was in a army hospital in England.
但她收到了另一個軍官的信,說他受傷了,住在英格蘭的某個軍事醫院裡。
Joan went the hospital and said to the matron: “I’ve come to visit Captain Humphreys.”
瓊到了醫院然後對護士長說:“我來看望漢弗雷斯上尉。”
“Only relatives (親屬) are allowed to visit patients (病人) here.” the matron said.
“這裡隻有親屬可以探望病人。”護士長說。
“Oh, that’s all right.” answered Joan, “I’m his sister.”
“噢,是的。”瓊回答道,“我是他的妹妹。”
“I’m very pleased to meet you.” the matron said, “I’m his mother!”
“我很高興見到你。”護士長說,“我是他的母親!”
點擊了解更多,參加大思英語免費試學30天活動!▼▼▼
,更多精彩资讯请关注tft每日頭條,我们将持续为您更新最新资讯!