Tom likes sweets very much. 湯姆非常喜歡吃糖。
But his mother never gives him any, because she thinks they are bad for his teeth.但是他媽媽從不給他糖吃,因為她認為糖果對牙齒有害。
But when Tom's uncle gives him some, she always lets him eat the sweets.但是當湯姆的舅舅給他一些糖時,她總會讓他吃。
She wants to make her brother happy.她想讓她的弟弟高興。
One evening, a few days before Tom's birthday, he was praying in his bedroom.一天晚上,湯姆生日前的幾天,他在卧室裡祈禱。
“Please, God,” he shouted. “Let them give me a big box of sweets as my birthday present.”“拜托,上帝,”他喊道。“讓他們給我一大盒糖果作為我的生日禮物吧。”
His mother heard this and came into the room.他媽媽聽到後走進了房間。
“Why are you shouting, Tom?” she asked.“你為什麼大喊大叫,湯姆?”她問。
“God can hear you quite well, even when you talk quietly.”“即使你小聲說話,上帝也能聽得很清楚。”
“I know,” answered the clever boy, “but my uncle in the next room can't.”“我知道,”聰明的男孩回答,“但是我隔壁房間的舅舅聽不見。”
,更多精彩资讯请关注tft每日頭條,我们将持续为您更新最新资讯!