mouth英語趣味記憶?提示:點擊↑上方"小芳老師"免費關注哦,今天小編就來聊一聊關于mouth英語趣味記憶?接下來我們就一起去研究一下吧!
提示:點擊↑上方"小芳老師"免費關注哦
So, big presentation today, Feifei! How are you feeling?
今天你要做一個重要的報告,菲菲!感覺怎麼樣?
Yeah, I’m ok, Neil. All prepared. I do feel a bit nervous… I just need to remind myself to slow down and take a sip of water when I feel anxious!
對,我還好,尼爾。都準備好了。我确實感覺有一點緊張……當我覺得焦急的時候,我隻需要提醒自己慢下來,喝一口水!
Good plan! OK, I’ll see you later. Good luck… Hey! So how did it go?
這計劃很好!好,一會兒見。祝你好運……嗨!進行得怎麼樣啊?
Not great.
不太好。
What happened?You lost your bottle?
怎麼啦?你把你的瓶子丢啦?
Actually, I took a glass of water.
事實上,我喝了一瓶水。
Oh right. You know the phrase ’to lose your bottle’ means ’to lose your confidence and fail to do something, or decide not to do it’.
噢對。“丢掉了你的瓶子”這個短語的意思是“由于失去信心而沒能做成一件事,或是決定不去做了”。
Thanks for teaching me this phrase when I’m feeling awful.
謝謝你在我覺得很糟糕的時候教給我這個短語。
Yes, sorry. You can also simply say ’to bottle it’ which also means ’to lose your courage and fail to do something’. Err, examples time?
對,抱歉。你也可以隻說“搞砸了”,它的意思也是“失去勇氣,做某事沒能成功”。呃,舉例時間到?
He was going to ask his girlfriend to marry him but lost his bottle at the last minute. She asked him instead.
他本打算向女朋友求婚,卻在最後一分鐘失去勇氣沒能求成。反而是他女友向他求婚的。
I thought about painting my front door bright green but I bottled it.I went for a conservative grey instead.
我本想把我的前門塗成亮綠色,但卻因為沒勇氣,沒能做成,而是塗成了保守的灰色。
Anyway Neil, aren’t you giving a presentation this afternoon?
總之,尼爾,你今天下午不是要做一個報告嗎?
Err... I was going to.
呃……我本來是要做的。
Oh? You mean, you’re not going to do it now?
噢?你是說,你現在不打算做了?
Well, you see, I just had so much work on this week, and I’ve not really had time at all…
嗯,你是知道的,我這周有很多工作,我真的是一點時間都沒有了……
Yeah, yeah, I get it. You bottled it.
是的,是的,我懂了。你沒勇氣做,決定不做了。
You got me. I just hate presentations!
你懂我。我隻是讨厭作報告!
Well, that makes two of us! Bye.
嗯,我也一樣!再見。
Bye.
再見。
往期聽力
更多精彩资讯请关注tft每日頭條,我们将持续为您更新最新资讯!