01
release /rɪˈliːs/
推出
This new product gets very popular after only two days' release.
這種新産品剛推出兩天,就受到了大家的歡迎。
對話
A:Columbia Pictures released a new film yesterday.
哥倫比亞影業公司昨天推出了一部新影片。
B:What's the name of it?
電影叫什麼名字?
“産品”的“推出,發布”還可以用launch /lɔːntʃ/ 表示
launch a new product
發布一項新産品
02
rushed
匆忙
The injured people were rushed to hospital after the accident.
事故發生後,傷者被匆忙送往醫院。
對話
A:Why are they so rushed?
他們怎麼這麼匆忙?
B:There is a traffic accident.
有一起交通事故。
除了用rushed表示“匆忙”外
還可以用短語in a hurry來表達此意
03
start the engine /ˈendʒɪn/
發動引擎
“引擎”用英語表示是engine,而“發動”則是用意為“開始”的start來表示。
I know how to start the engine.
我知道怎麼發動引擎。
對話
A:Can you tell me how to start the engine?
你能告訴我怎麼發動引擎嗎?
B:Just press this button.
按這個按鈕就可以了。
04
get in the car
上車
Get in the car; I'll drive you home.
上車,我送你回家。
對話
A:Get in the car. Let's eat out.
上車,咱們出去吃。
B:OK. It's my treat today.
好的,今天我請客。
“搭便車”可以用hitchhike /ˈhɪtʃhaɪk/表示
We attempted to hitchhike across the country.
我們試圖搭便車橫跨那個國家。
開車送某人回家:drive sb. home
He was drunk as a lord and I had to drive him home.
他喝的爛醉如泥,我得開車把他送回去。
05
give sb. a lift
載某人一程
Could you give me a lift to the airport?
你能載我去機場嗎?
對話
A:I want to ask Jim whether he can give me a lift to the bus station.
我想問問吉姆能不能載我去汽車站。
B:He is free this afternoon. You can ask him.
他今天下午有空。你可以問問他。
“載某人一程”還可以表示為
give sb. a ride
“我會載你一程”就可以表示為:
I'll give you a ride / lift.
今天的内容就是這些了
歡迎評論區交流分享
,更多精彩资讯请关注tft每日頭條,我们将持续为您更新最新资讯!